Woots and huzzas, I’ve completed my first ever Top Bar Hive.
After much reading and some floundering, supply hunting and bunches of bad weather, I’ve managed to get together an acceptable first try. Even while building it, I could see improvements in either my methods or the design I was coming up with. I should point out that I based this TBH on a bit of a mash-up of both the Phil Chandler and Carr & Bradford designs, with a bit of tweaking of my very own sort. So if there’s much that is wrong or “not really awesome” about this, I’m most willing to take the blame.
I expect I’ll be building more in the future and they will get better and better as I go.
All right, here’s the first, overall shot:
General composition: The long wall sides are 12″ x 1″ x 36″ pine, the end pieces are found ply...